Wednesday 12 September 2012

Shaky start

When my phone rang at 4 (GMT+1) on the day we were supposed to leave I knew something was wrong. The extent was only revealed once I heard Marelize's voice over my phone. Rain in the Gobi desert... But it never rains in the dessert, you might say? Well it rained enough that the aircraft taking them back to Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia's capital city did not even leave from there.
We have been aware that there might be a delay, therefore we have planned 2 days in Lisbon before leaving for Santiago. She will arrive here tomorrow afternoon, one day late...
So at the time of writing this I am at 40000ft over the Sahara Desert. I have attached the photo of the onboard tracking screen. Do you know which African country we are over flying. Do you know the world famous town / city / village is in the area. If you think you know put your suggestion in the comment below




Delayed post using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Over the Sahara

No comments: